Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chameleon Theater To See "My Life"

Saturday was a lazy day. I worked on my blog all day long, then took an hour break to get some exercise in before we went to the Chameleon Theater to see a fantastic show.

"My Life" was honestly one of the best shows I've ever attended! It was right up there with my favorite Broadway musical "Rent." And the best part about "My Life" was that there wasn't any scenery, only a small stage, and very few props. Just a lot of raw talent, energy, great vocals, athleticism, and enthusiasm.

So here's how the show went on: 6 individuals made up the entire cast. Three women, three men. One of the gals looked like a supermodel. Really dark brown hair, perfect complexion, high cheekbones, very tall and thin. Another woman was petite and defined as ever. You could tell she was a former gymnast or maybe even a dancer. Regardless she was the spunky, sassy one.

The first woman was definitely portrayed as the sex goddess. The last girl was your typical "girl next door." You could definitely tell she was the youngest female in the theatre troupe. She had the face of a beautiful little porcelain doll. She was just so excited about being on stage, doing what she loved. It really was a sight to see.

The first of the three men was very outgoing, boisterous and high energy. He sort of got the crowd going in the beginning. The next man looked like your typical German male. Blonde hair, blue eyes, very athletic and attractive. The last gentleman was my favorite. He was built as well with much darker facial features. To me he looked like a former hockey player. Turns out he was from Canada (so I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up on skates).

The show was a combination of singing, dancing, difficult routines with hoo-la-hoops, on ropes and basically a lot of "flying in the air."

One of the men juggled, the other did this ridiculously difficult routine on a steel hoop, while the high energy man danced all over the sky on his ropes. I forgot to mention one of the other men did this hilarious skit with a mirror image allowing himself to look like he was doing all these crazy things (like one finger push-ups and more).

The women were very very talented as well. They sang, danced and showed their upper body strength with strenuous routines on the ground and in the sky. It really was an awesome evening. Thanks again to RIAS for the opportunity to see such a wonderful show.

After that - we went across the street and ate at this delicious Italian restaurant. Our host Sandra was with us the entire evening and brought her Mother along as well. Although she couldn't understand much English I explained to her what a wonderful job she did raising her daughter. Sandra Fettke is a wonderful person and an exceptional Host. She and Rainer Hasters have done so much for us and I can't thank them and RIAS for making everything happen! What a phenomenal experience.

Oh - I forgot to mention also I saw my first glimpse at a few prostitutes working the streets of downtown Berlin. That was quite different. I can't get over how:

1. attractive these young women are.
2. that prostitution is legal in Germany
3. many of them wear high white leather (maybe even pleather) go-go boots
4. how blown away I was at what I saw

The night ended with a group of us walking around looking for maybe another local watering hole, but it turns out we were all pretty pooped and just wanted to get back to our hotels for some shut eye. We had a little trouble finding the closest S-Bahn train home but once we did we were good to go.

Then I got home late and packed for Dresden, Germany our next stop on the tour.
I didn't get to bed until 3:30 am and got up at 6:30 am to get a small workout in, update my blog and board a bus to Dresden, Germany for another stop on the Fall 2008 RIAS Tour.

Night !

1 comment:

wbre said...

Glad to see you won't shy away from reporting about the "working women".

Enjoy your experience.

Bill D.