Saturday, September 13, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen

Well - Today is my last day in the United States before heading out to Germany. Once my initial fellowship is completed, I'll be staying in Europe for an additional two weeks. I received an extension through the RIAS Berlin Commission to intern at either Reuters and/or BBC. My studies there will begin on Monday September 29th and be completed Thursday October 9, 2008 before I head back home on the 10th.

Last night was bittersweet for me. My friends at WBRE-TV threw me a "goodbye party" at the Arena Bar and Grill in Wilkes-Barre, PA! It's tradition to have send-off parties for WBRE/WYOU employees from that specific spot. I was overcome with emotion to see so many of my friends and work colleagues one last time before taking off (even a few folks (formerly) from Newswatch 16 came as well). Thanks Bianca and Ben!

WYOU's Main Anchor Lyndall Stout ordered a delicious cake from Wegman's with "Auf Wiedersehen Jill!" It was perfect. I received plenty of well wishes and it sure seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Here's a link you can check out as well.

Dave Yonki; Editor of the Lulac Political Letter did a nice feature on my exciting news. I hope you enjoy this article as much as I did !!!

http://lulacpoliticaletter.blogspot.com/

Here's the Itinerary for the day :

My "Mother Away From Home" Martha (my neighbor) will drive me to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport at 11 am this morning.

My flight leaves Avoca at 12:45 p.m., before arriving in Philadelphia just after 1:30 p.m.

I leave Philly around 4:15 this afternoon and will arrive in Frankfurt tomorrow morning at 6:10 a.m. before boarding a connecting flight to Berlin. Don't worry my passport is in place.

As of 8:35 am, Sunday the 14th I'll be in Germany!

No comments: